We take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is: Wendy Jones at reception.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to their dentist.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on to the Practice Manager Mrs Wendy Jones.
- If a complaint is about an aspect of clinical care or payments it will be referred to the dentist involved, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing normally within two working days. We will investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision regarding the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- In the unlikely event that you feel your complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily within the practice, then you have the right to contact one of the below.
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ
- Health care inspectorate wales (HIW) – Rhydycar business park, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1UZ. 03000628163